I was nominated by the wonderful Rachel of pace, amore, libri, who you should definitely be following for her insightful reviews and of course her gorgeous cats. Thanks Rachel!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
7 Random Facts:
1. I often get asked if I’m a cat or a dog person. I love cats, but I’m actually a bird person! I have a pet cockatiel named Poe (as in Dameron, not Edgar Allan), who is about a year old. Poe loves eating broccoli, shredding paper, and taking baths. Cockatiels are naturally inquisitive birds and very affectionate, so they’re good company, but I don’t get any reading or blogging done when I’m sitting with Poe – she tries to eat any books I read and likes to sit on/chew on my laptop!
2. I’m a Librarian! I have a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree, and I work in a corporate library within the financial services sector. My work mostly involves doing research using paid databases and other resources to gather information for internal clients. It’s a job with a lot of variety, which I really like.
3. As you can probably tell from the joint theatre-book blog, my other love is the theatre. I love the experience of seeing a show and am lucky enough to live in a city with a vibrant theatre scene, as well as its own ballet company. My favourite musical is Les Miserables, which I’ve seen 14 times in 3 cities. Other favourite theatre experiences include The Color Purple (Broadway, 2016), Hamilton (Broadway, 2016), A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder (Broadway, 2014), Candide (London, 2013), Titanic (Toronto, 2015), and the National Ballet of Canada’s Nijinsky (2014) and The Winter’s Tale (2015), both of which are returning this fall!
4. I have a weird sock collection! Several years ago I started collecting interesting socks. I have socks for different cities and places (Alcatraz, San Francisco, London, NYC), wildlife (foxes, skunks, raccoons, toucans), and even holiday socks (Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day). Here are some of my favourite book related pairs of socks:
5. I am possibly the only Canadian alive who has never seen a full hockey game. I hate watching most sports, the only exception being baseball. I root for the Toronto Blue Jays and enjoy going to a game when I can.
6. I don’t watch a lot of movies but I am a big fan of TV. Among my favourite recent shows are Rectify and Black Sails (both of which ended this year after 4 seasons), The 100 (currently airing), Jessica Jones, Into the Badlands, Daredevil, and Better Call Saul. Some of my other favourites that have finished include: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Breaking Bad, Fringe, The West Wing, Parks and Recreation, Oz, Dead Like Me, Being Human UK, In the Flesh, and Veronica Mars.
7. I don’t own an e-reader. I am definitely one of those people who loves the feeling of a book in my hands, and I enjoy flipping physical pages and seeing how far into a book I am, but I think e-readers can be really useful and I would love to get one in the future, especially for NetGalley, etc.
10 is a lot and I’m still discovering new blogs to follow, so I’m just going to nominate 4 people: